Here is my current list of links for the ESP8266 and Arduino.
However I have developed my own wiring scheme and described it in this Instructable. I think is easier for many people to start with a solid and tested scheme.
- WiFiEsp : This is my own library. It is designed to be very similar to standard Arduino Ethernet and WiFi shield libraries. The idea is to be able to reuse existing sketches and projects with this cheap ESP module. You can find more information on this post.
- ITEADLIB_Arduino_WeeESP8266 : Seems to be the most stable and reliable ESP library at the moment (Apr 2015).
- arduino-ESP8266 : Seems a good library
- ThaiEasyElec (TEE_ESP) : Works only with SoftwareSerial, low level functions, poor documentation, no website or GIT repository.
- ESP8266 EasyIoT :
- Adafruit: Seems a good library, debugging functions, missing high level functions.
- espduino : Wifi library (Chip ESP8266 Wifi soc) for Arduino using SLIP protocol (custom firmware) via serial port. Release 0.1 was based on AT commands.
- ESP8266 : Another library. Nothing special.
- ESP8266_client : A lightweight library for client connections. Nothing special.
- ESP8266_Simple : Well documented, works only with SoftwareSerial, few functions.
- Nurdspace : This is the homepage for a lot of ESP8266 information: specifications, datasheet.
- AT commands: Official AT commands documentation from Espressif.
Flashing the firmwareI have developed my own procedure using Arduino board for flashing the ESP.
- Espressif firmware : This is the standard firmware for the ESP8266.
- AT-thinker Firmware : An alternative firmware is provided by AT-thinker with few additional commands.
- Flashing new firmware to ESP-01 modules : Flashing new firmware (v1.1 and above) to ESP-01 modules with 512kb flash size.
- Updating the ESP8266 firmware :Wiring scheme. Old XTCOM utility used.
- ESP8266: Reflash Dance! : Good article using esp8266_flasher tool
- Cloud updating your Wi07C ESP8266 now! : Shows how to update the ESP8266 firmware from internet.
- Espressif forum:
- ESP8266 forum : This is a community forum centered around the ESP8266. Everything is here, but probably best to read this stuff after going through a complete design example.
- Electrodragon wiki : Wiki page with multiple sets of information and links for using the ESP8266.
- Espressif is the manufacturer of the ESP8266. Their site is pretty much a bunch of marketing hoo-hah and you'll have to "contact" them for more information. Not too useful.
- http://blog.electrodragon.com/esp8266-gpio-test-edited-firmware/ : A demo of turning the LEDs on the ESP8266 board on/off over the Wifi link.
- http://scargill.wordpress.com : Peter Scargill has been pretty thorough in documenting his experiences in getting the ESP8266 up and running and delving into some of the capabilities of the chip.