The first part of the project is to build the ADC board using Arduino.
I will use the Arduino analog input to read the input voltage. If the input voltage you have is between 0 and 5 Volt you can just plug your input to the A0 pin of your Arduino otherwise you have to implement a basic amplifier.
My first prototype is based on a simple transistor. It is currently injecting a lot of noise but is useful for my tests.
Many improvements are in the queue. Not sure if they will ever be implemented.
- Improve visualizer GUI. Some good examples are this and this.
- Improve input board accuracy and allow to control amplification.
- Visualizer app code refactoring. Use classes and modularize the code.
- Implement oscilloscope triggering.
- Implement FFT analyzer.
- Multichannel input and display.
- 10 bits resolution.
- Implement oscilloscope controls.
- Control arduino DAC parameters (samples, frequency, amplification) from the UI using handshaking.
Improved Poor Man's Oscilloscope
Oscilloscope! THE EASY WAY! DIY